Shelly has over twenty years of litigation experience in state and federal courts. She is a former partner with the International Law Firm, Perkins Coie, LLP. She focuses her practice in the areas of business law and business disputes, and employment law and employment related disputes, including non-compete and trade-secrets agreements. Shelly also handles probate cases and has extensive experience representing clients in will contests, trust disputes and guardianship cases. Shelly’s love of children led her to develop an adoption practice and she frequently handles domestic and foreign adoptions and adoption related cases throughout Idaho.
- University of Idaho College of Law, J.D., 1995 Board of Editors, Idaho Law Review
- University of Idaho, B.A., 1991
- Idaho State Bar
- U.S. District Court of Idaho
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Boise Metro Chamber of Commerce
- Idaho Women Lawyers
- Academy of Adoption and Assisted Reproduction Attorneys
- Ranked by Chambers USA among “America’s Leading Labor & Employment Lawyers,” nine years between 2007 and 2018
- Idaho State bar, Pro Bono Award for outstanding pro bono service – 2005
- Ranked by Martindale- Hubble as a “Distinguished Attorney”
- Recipient of TWIN Award from the Women’s and Children’s Alliance – 2015
- Leadership Boise Graduate – 2001
- Fellow of Academy of Adoption and Assisted Reproduction Attorneys
- McFadden v. Stinker Stores, Inc. Idaho State Court, County of Ada Obtained defense verdict for Stinker Stores following a court trial against claims of sexual harassment and retaliation.
- Kim v. Project Patch, et al Idaho State Court, County of Ada Obtained $2.3 million dollar verdict against treatment facility and employee for claims of negligent supervision of employee.
- Egelhoff v. Wyndham Worldwide U.S. District Court for the District of Idaho Obtained partial summary judgment dismissal of disability claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act and favorable settlement for Wyndham Worldwide.
- Brennan v. Qwest Communications U.S. District Court for the District of Idaho Obtained summary judgment dismissal of disability claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act for Qwest Communications.
- Scentsy, Inc. v. Rimports U.S. District Court of Idaho Represented Scentsy in trade secrets claims. Achieved a successful injunction and favorable settlement.